On April 14, 2019, Dr. Tuck Saul became aware of a potential breach of your personal health information. We identified the duration of information exposure was between April 12-14, 2019, although we are not sure that any of the information was actually viewed or retained. We are notifying affected individuals in as timely a manner as possible so you can take swift personal action along with our organization’s efforts to reduce or eliminate potential harm. Incident investigation is complete at this time.
The incident involving protected health information was due to a fraudulent technical support agent that gained access to a laptop containing client files. The incident was focused on a wire fraud scheme, but we are taking additional steps to notify you as we cannot be sure they didn’t gain access to the medical records. The unsecured information may include information such as your full name, Social Security Number, date of birth, home address, diagnosis, treatment notes, relative’s contact information, or other information that is collected through intake or treatment.
We recommend immediate steps be taken to protect yourself from potential information breach harm:
- Register a fraud alert with the three credit bureaus listed below; and order credit reports.
- Monitor account statements, EOBs, and credit bureau reports closely.
- If you believe your information has been compromised, please notify law enforcement to assist the investigation.
Dr. Saul has taken these steps to protect your personal information from further harm or similar circumstances:
- Ran a variety of reports to verify that it does not appear any data has been accessed
- Filed a police report on April 15, 2019 as well as filed a report with Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3)
- Removed all client files from the laptop
- Installed additional security hardware and software including stronger firewall protection and encryption
Dr. Tuck Saul sincerely apologizes for the inconvenience and concern this incident may cause you. Your information privacy is very important to us and we will continue to do everything we can to correct this situation and fortify our operational protections for you and others.
You may contact us with questions and concerns in the following ways:
Sending an email to email@example.com or sending a letter to our postal address: 1115 Bethel Road, Columbus, OH 43220.
Dr. Tuck Saul
Major United States Credit Reporting Agencies
PO Box 9532, Allen, TX 75013
Fraud Victim Assistance Division, PO Box 6790, Fullerton, CA 92834-6790
PO 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374-0241